Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"Damn You're Cute!"

Miracles are happening even before ive entered the MTC! I was alone shopping for bins at Wal-Mart last week and I was waiting to be checked out. I was minding my own business looking at some magazines when I turned around to see a 80 year old man on a scoot scoot deal for old people. He shouts, "Damn you're cute!!" I laugh, embarrassed. "Did you wake up that pretty?" I laugh again and lamely said "uhhh.... no." I started looking around hoping we weren't drawing attention. Next thing i know we've talked about me going on a mission and his experience having sister missionaries over at his house in Texas. He actually called their parents and acted as mouthpiece asking their mothers questions so the missionaries could hear! he was awesome! I loaded up his cart on the check out conveyor as we chatted (quite loudly i add- with quite a few profanities ;) I was about to swipe my mom's card when he stopped me and insisted on paying for my packing bins. He explained "She is going on a MISSION!" to the cashier. I blushed as he motioned for me to come to the side of his scooter. He grabbed my hand, brought it to his stubbled face and kissed it saying "you have a wonderful mission. I hope you get homesick." and then i was off with many thank yous on my end. Tears came to my eyes as i walked out of Hell-Mart... the spirit testified to me that Heavenly Father was aware of me and my fears about leaving and he sent me an angel to comfort me. I am so grateful for that experience and i'm so looking forward to mission life where miracles happen everyday!


I know that serving my Lord and Savior at this time in my life is exactly what I need to be doing. I have imagined/dreamed/obsessed over serving a mission since i was a wee girl and I have finally reached my most wanted destination! Thank you to all of my family and closest friends that have uplifted and molded me into who I am!! Special shout out to my G'pa and G'ma who have been my angels sent from heaven to help me on my way!! Off I go on my adventure of a lifetime! :)


Wish me luck!


Mattie-Magoo

No comments:

Post a Comment