Monday, July 27, 2015

God Is Powerful!

Wow... this whole time thing is going really fast. 

A missionary's last transfer is the biggest tug-o-war ever. My mission is the most precious experience in my life thus far. This is home. I love my mission. But there is apart of me that is preparing/excited for the adventures ahead. It is all about balance- and that is not my forte! haha!! Heavenly Father is teaching me a lot.

I am very low on time- LOTS of BIG things happening at home right now. I love to witness and hear how Heavenly Father is directing each of your lives right now. It is just another testament of God's love. 

I will share my favorite story this week- I've been wanting to tell everyone!!!!!

We went to the Temple Open house with "The boys" on Thursday. Afterwards I asked Justin how he felt inside. Mind you He is 15 years old- a bit of a learning disability- speaks very slow and precise. He answered (i wish I had his exact words- I love how he speaks) 
"I felt a force outside of myself." 
"What do you think that was?"
"It was possibly the Holy Spirit."
"What do you think that means?"
"I believe I have found the source of true happiness."
I said, maybe a bit too loudly "HE MELTS MY HEART!"

God is powerful. He speaks to His children in a way they can understand- even if they are disabled. I love the temple. I love to witness miracles there. We were able to go to the temple 5 times last week- two times working. 

On Saturday there was an estimated 7000+ guests at the Open house. Our biggest day. We had a special training before out shift because of an Anti-Mormon party was teaching a sermon out of the lawn about the mormon's view about Race/blacks. We were taught the doctrine and how to treat others if they are being aggressive. What is so beautiful is that there was no one we saw at that sermon. There was no animosity. A sister had an experience with a fellow- on his way to leave he shook this sisters hand and left papers filled with questions. He said "I was paid to ask you these questions, but after that- the temple- I cannot." 
God is more powerful than the adversary. As we trust in him- do the little things- we will be protected in these tumultuous times. 

I know that God lives. He will speak peace to our hearts. "Peace I leave with you. Peace I give unto you, not as the world giveth give I unto you. Let not your hearts be troubled. Neither let them be afraid." John 14:27 "These things I have said unto you In me you will have peace. I the world you shall have tribulation. But be of good cheer, I have overcome the world" John 16:33

The answers are in the scriptures. Memorize them. They have been the best of friends. They are a defense against garbage thoughts. 

I love you family. God is in control of it all.

Love,
Sister Watts




THE BOYS!!!!
Pictures in front of the Morse Reservoir on the way home..



 AT the Temple

 In front of our house:)


 There was a surprise bug on our rear view camera.....ewww
 The Boys at the Temple Open House
Mark didn't want to take of his booties:)

No comments:

Post a Comment