Monday, June 2, 2014

My Commission

Fam- Damly!!

This week was a week God's grace was VERY evident in the work. Last week we really struggled to meet our goals... like I've never had such a low week numbers wise. The assistants called us and issued us a challenge to text them every time we had a lesson with a  member present. (talk about crunch time!) SIDENOTE: This ward is the best in the whole mission. Literally. At zone conference President came up to me and placed his hands on my shoulders. "You are in the best ward in the entire mission. Things have got to change. You're here for a reason." so yeah. its kinda high pressure awesomeness!!! Not used to having my area subject to such scrutiny but its really pushing me to stretch myself and RELY on God. Cause I'm super duper new. like only 4 months out. so yeah. I don't know anything but the Lord does. He knows who is prepared and ready, He knows how to get the ward involved, He knows what each of us are capable of!! After I reported our numbers last week I spurted "Next week we will hit Leadership Standards!" It surely was the spirit cause MAN, i have never hit those standards before. God grace enabled us to do more than we were capable and.... we reached LEADERSHIP standards!!!!! (just to clarify: mission presidents set standards in relation to the Key indicators such as referrals, gators at church, new investigators etc. the Leadership standard is for those in leadership positions such as zone leaders and such. pretty cool.)

ANYWHO! Here's God miracle this week of AWESOMENESS!

Larry. He is 76 years old. First came in contact with him my 1st week here in Liberty. We stood out in the pouring rain for 45 minutes talking about his dog... and engines and such. We had our first lesson this week with him and it was very interesting. We shared a message and asked if he would be interested in learning more... he declined. But just after he just said he wasn't interested, he opened his mouth and said "But don't give up on me." It was like the spirit spoke for him- it filled the room and testified to us that we were NOT to lose hope. I don't think he consciously knew what he said. But we left that lesson with a return appointment. Miracle.

We had a investigator lesson with the Wiesenburger family. It was our second lesson. We were pretty nervous because they are friends of a member who was at the lesson too. The first 30 minutes was pretty rocky. The spirit wasn't very strong and we hadn't even started the message... the member and Bro. wiesenburger were getting into very complicated discussions about ruins of the book of mormon etc. He felt he didn't need the church. So lets just say the situation didn't look to good. but interestingly enough, i wasn't discouraged or stressed like i would have been normally. I opened my mouth and started testifying of the book of mormon. The spirit TOTALLY had my back and the room was gushing with spiritual power!! I don't remember what i said, but i know it was true. I was speaking the tongue of angels (2 Nephi 32:2) Bro. Wiesenburger heart was softened. It was absolutely a miracle. He told me I had a very old spirit. That somehow i spoke with authority. He said he was trying to make sense of it- related it to Jesus when he was twelve teaching the elders in the temple. He felt like the elders. I answered "I have been called by a prophet of God. To bring you the Lord's message." I explained that sis belnap and I are nothing. we are weak. But our message is true. I became very emotional as I spoke of eternal families. I am here because i want the wiesenburger family, the Salek family, Larry to have the blessing of KNOWING that they will be with their families forever. Never separated. Not severed by the veil of death. THAT is the power of the Priesthood. That is what makes The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints the only true church on the earth. It was one the most powerful experiences in my life. They committed to keep reading the book of mormon- which is the ONLY way to know if Joseph Smith was a prophet. Which means that Jesus Christ himself is at the head of this Church.

Lastly, it was Saturday night. It was a super struggle filled day. The whole evening my mind was filled with doubts, negativity about myself especially. We were walking back to our car dejected and I stopped in the middle of the street. I prayed so hard to just get it OUT!! I was so done with feeling so yucky!! Then my mind was filled with "My Commission" written by Bruce R. Mcconkie.

I am called of God.
My authority is above that of kings of the earth.
By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ.
He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me.
My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine.
My Commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work.
How great is my calling!

We didn't see any more success but Heavenly Father reminded me of who I am. Why i am here. Pretty cool. God is good. 

Love you my sweet family!

Sister Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment