Monday, June 9, 2014

God Is Over All

My loves,

Missionary work is hard. Constant rejection, disappointments and stretching out of the comfort zone. But life is hard. And it is supposed to be! When I get home from my mission (or anyone overcome a hard task) its not going to get any easier! 
God will continue to put things in our path to help us become like him. To help us put off the natural man! 1 Nephi 1:4 talks about Jerusalem.... lets think of ourselves as Jerusalem for a minute... All throughout history Jerusalem has been the center of the greatest righteousness and the greatest wickedness. It is dual. As are we. We have two spirits inside us. The natural man- the voice that says "this is too hard." "why are you trying?" Its much easier to give in to this voice. To sleep in just a little bit, to hold a grudge against a friend, to judge those around you, to doubt the Lord our God. and we have the voice of the Saint/ Holy Ghost/Our spirit--- who delights in good works, in putting others before ourselves, in doing HARD things! Uncomfortable things. (Mosiah 3:19)
I can testify that in the end- the "easy" way IS the hard way. When we give into temptations we are acting against our eternal nature. "there came many prophets, prophesying unto the people that they must repent, or the great city Jerusalem must be destroyed." 1 Nephi 1:4--
We have a choice. To repent (change) or to be destroyed. (destruction is more than the physical-- its emotional and mental and spiritual... deep stuff)  It is very black and white. We are either doing God's will or we are doing Satan's. We are putting off the natural man or we are yielding to Satan's poisonous whispers. The time is nearing when we will stand before God and account for our choices. We must look deep inside ourselves and ask! Where do I stand?? What am i putting before God? and then we must change. and grow. and face our Goliath. We must choose what is more important- God or our own desires.

I know it can be overwhelming to look at the myriad of weaknesses God that has given us. But I also can testify that through the atonement of Jesus Christ we can OVERCOME them. We can find true and pure happiness. As we choose to do the hard thing- we will find inner peace. (Kung Fu Panda anyone?) We will come to know of the enabling power of Christ more personally and intimately. and we wont be destroyed. :)

Okay. I'm off my soap box! HA!! My heart is full. I find my loved ones kicking against the pricks of GOD!  who only wants them to be happy and successful and protected. Anywho.

I saw many miracles this week! some were simple--
Sister Belnap and I were very sick one day (or like everyday) We had dinner and a lesson in a members home. The yummiest Chicken curry EVER! Right before the lesson Sister Belnap threw up, i was in lots of pain..... and God took over. He put the words in our mouths, he dulled the pain and the spirit testified. They're faith was strengthen and they came closer to Christ. God is over all. 

Friday was service day-- everyone and their dog and little kitten's and friend's grandma needed their stuff moved and picked etc. So in the end we had 45 minutes to make a visit. We prayed. Hard. It was the coolest thing! We visited a less active member who was home for only 15 minutes all day!! and she "happened" to be home! She had been trying to get a hold of us to give us a referral! And we just showed up at her door! As we were leaving- I saw myself spiritually reach out and touch her arm and say "You are amazing".  Soo.... I thought I probably should do it in real life! So I did. Tears came to her eyes. I testified of the love of our Savior. We aren't perfect and by gosh, HE LOVES US ANYWAYS!!! Good reminder for everyone. God is over all.

I am SO weak. I was super duper sick and many times just DONE with the day but God took over. He made up the difference and his children's faith was increased. Their hearts were a tiny bit more healed. I know as we reach out and act on every generous thought- God can work his mighty miracles. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Love, Sister Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment