Tuesday, October 14, 2014

God's Crowning Creation.

HOLY FREE HOLIES.

This week was pretty filled with awesome... Sister Harding was sick 2 days, I am sick now..., 2 exchanges, 2 investigators off date, Sister's Conference, carved punkins... and I AM HAPPY!!!

I have to tell you about Sister's Conference. When President asked the STLs what we wanted to have him speak on the spirit took over my mouth (He does that sometimes...;) and i blurted "The role of women." He accepted and oh. my goodness. my perspective is forever changed by the Doctrine of Womanhood. 

(oh and my training went super well too! I just went up with Sister Harding and Spazzed out about Companionship inventory.. how our words resonate at a certain frequency and we need to use them wisely.... yeah. I said that.... They loved it. Cause its true! :)

Moses 2-- God creating the earth. First began with grass, then to shrubs and trees. First created water life then moved to creeping things and mammals. There is a progression to it-- simple to complex. Then on the 6th day God creates man. First Adam, then Eve. Woman is God's Crowning Creation. God's Secret weapon. Prime. Last. Complete. 

Priesthood's role is to Preside, Protect and Provide. 

Preside does not mean to "be in charge" (that was always my thinking...) it is defined :to teach, bless, set in order. Each morning a Man's job is to get on his knees and ask "What should I teach? Help me to know what YOU would do. How would you serve her (wife) this day? How can I BLESS her life? What is out of order- give me the grace so I can change/repent."

Protect. Physically, spiritually. Act as a Priesthood Setinal for the home.

Provide. Physical and emotional need for wife and family.

The Priesthood was sent to man to protect the woman. God's jewel. It does not make sense that He would require His precious daughters to provide protection.... Priesthood is covenanting with God You will be what HE needs you to be. To get his daughters home to Him. 

2 Nephi 9
6For as death hath passed upon all men, to fulfill the merciful plan of the great Creator, there must needs be power of resurrectionand the resurrection must needs come unto man by reason of the falland the fall came by reason of transgression;and because man became fallen they were cut off from the presence of the Lord.
 Wherefore, it must needs be an infinite atonement—save it should be an infinite atonement this corruption could not put on incorruption. Wherefore, the first judgment which came upon man must needs have remained to an endless duration. And if so,this flesh must have laid down to rot and to crumble to its mother earth, to rise no more.
 the wisdom of God, his mercy and graceFor behold, if the flesh should rise no more our spirits must become subject to that angel who fell from before the presence of the Eternal God, and  became the devilto rise no more.
 And our spirits must have become like unto him, and we become devils, angels to devilto be shut out from the presence of our God, and to remain with the father of liesin misery, like unto himself; yea, to that being who beguiled our first parents,who transformeth himself nigh unto an angel of light, and stirreth up the children of men unto secret combinations of murder and all manner of secret works of darkness.
The doctrine here is without obtaining bodies- God's child would be eternally subject to Satan's grasp. Torment. The second a child is born- He/she is released from that eternal prison. They are forever freed. Immortality begins at birth. 
Who are the only ones to bring that about. Women. Women are co-creators with Christ. Not only giving life but defeating Satan. Women are deliverers. 
The word helpmeet (eve to adam) does not mean "helper." It mean "to save" or "to be strong". We are to save the home. To save our husbands- equally banded together to usher children back to God. We cannot be exalted without our spouse. How beautiful is that??? Doesn't that just feel so good???
If the world could understand their role as men and women... it would be heaven. Let us all remember the sacred roles we have been called to fulfill. 
In closing I want to share a yummy experience. I got super down on myself after Friday's exchange. It was the first time I was solely in my area- running the day with a companion that didn't know my area either.... It could have gone a little better! haha!! I forgot the most basic of teaching principles... and i was supposed to be the one training! haha! yeah. there was more that went into the "down-ness" but that will suffice. Saturday mornining broke with the same darkness. I prayed. Nothing happened. I went and worked and visited and taught... no change. But I KNOW God hears prayers. He answers them too. We were invited to a last minute dinner at an elderly couple's home. They shared God's fingerprints on their lives. They softened my heart through their pure testimony. On my way out the Brother took me aside and told me "Just don't forget who you are and everything will turn out alright." It sounds so simple. But I knew those words were from God. When we forget what our role is- what we have been called to do- we will find darkness, confusion and misery. I know that to be true. Align yourself with God's will and happiness will result!! 
Love you my sweet family.
Sister Watts

PS (women who can't have children in this life- will be able to in the millenium. which means all their children are promised exaltation. what a special blessing!!! God is so merciful.)
 How funny is this! 
The M. T. C.!!!


Sister Watts and Sister Harding

No comments:

Post a Comment