Monday, December 15, 2014

My precious Family!!

Courage: a form of every virtue at it's testing point. C.S Lewis

This week I have been stretched. My heart has been through the wringer. I have been filled with so much joy because of God's Grace.

The first week of every transfer we have the opportunity to set a Vision for ourselves, our companionship, our area and our Zone. (yeah... its a lot) As we were praying about our Area and Companionship Vision we decided on "Become missionaries that walk with God" to achieve that vision we set the goal of Hitting Leadership Standards every week. and we created plans to achieve that. It was an tender experience feeling Heavenly Father guide to know what HIS vision was for us! What HE knew we could accomplish. 
He guided us to the scripture Moses 6:39 
"And it came to pass when they heard him, no man laid hands on him; for fear‍ came on all them that heard him; for he walked‍ with God." 
This scripture really hit me. Everyone feared him- for He walked with God. He was powerful Influential. I flipped a couple pages back and read where Enoch began.

Moses 6:31-32 
"And when Enoch had heard these words, he bowed‍ himself to the earth, before the Lord, and spake before the Lord, saying: Why‍ is it that have found favor in thy sight, and am but lad, and all the people hate‍ me; for am slow‍ of speech; wherefore am thy servant? And the Lord said unto Enoch: Go forth and do as have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouthand it shall be filled, and will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and will do as seemeth me good."

All we must do is Go and Do. We will walk with God as we yield our hearts to him. In order for our area to see success we are forced to walk with him. 

Heavenly Father tried our faith this week. My sweet friend Lorin was indoctrinated with Anti Literature. It has been heart breaking. The man she has been listening to have destroyed the belief that you can listen to the feeling of the spirit to receive an answer. Without trusting the Holy Ghost and its promptings, it is simply impossible to come to know this is Christ' church reestablished. Satan is good. We have been fasting and praying. God answers with "have patience." it is difficult when you love someone so much!! and you can see how Satan is infiltrating those under your stewardship! GAH! is it demoralizing!
 But the true of it is- Christ is King. He has overcome the world and through him we will come off conqueror. Only through Him can we have eternal peace. I have come to know him more dearly this week. What a miracle that is. I have come to the conclusion that all I can do is follow each prompting, act with courage with each conflict and We can walk with God. This is God's work- His pace- His will. If Lorin is to be baptized this month it will happen. I just need to trust the creator. 

President taught us something REALLY cool at Zone Conference I was super sad I didn't share last week. ---He dealt with many struggling marriages as Stake President. They would come in and want a divorce. He answered. You broke your covenants. The replied "we haven't slept with anyone else!" "Within the last 24 hours what has your husband done to show His love for you?" (work doesn't count.) If that spouse can't say- covenants have been broken. ISNT THAT COOL????
Any two people that make and KEEP sacred covenants will have a happy marriage. The covenant of marriage is more than just who you sleep with. We are to live by the priesthood order of Matrimony. Live by every word that the prophets say- (gotta read to know how to live it) You covenant to listen. to change. to LOVE!! 

Just a thought....


I love you so very much. I am so grateful for the covenants I have made and the ones I will make. They bind me to God. They bind God to me. I love this gospel. I know it to be the only Church with a fullness of God's truth. I know Families can be together forever- cleave to your covenants. they will lead you down the sure path to enter into God's rest.

Remember what is truly important! 

Love,
Sister Watts


PS- My new companion is Sister King! We have a ball and a half every day!! I am training her to be a Sister Training Leader... so that's really fun! Just an update- we have 4 Christmas trees in our apartment.... and we are feelin the Christmas CHEER!!! I haven't laughed so much since.... a long time!! This companionship has really strengthen my testimony that God is aware of us! He knows exactly what we need!!!!! :)

Sister and King and  Sister Watts- Transfer Day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment